Wednesday, February 18, 2004

Monica makes smoking look horrible. It's something about the way she sucks on the thing. Makes it look grainy and inky grey going up and round and filtering through harsh wire mesh catching spiderwebs and little bugs. The smoke sounds and feels like the noise and sensation of chewing cotton wool. The cigarette instantly becomes this cement stick that she trying hard to get air out of.
I feel like I can feel it going into her lungs, covering the walls and dripping from the roof. A thick black oil that makes me think of those pictures of covered ducks on the beaches after a spill.
I don't like it one little bit. My discomfort is like when my dad watches Heather doing the weather on BBC Scotland, an unexplainble angst. A shoulder- raising, teeth grinding thing that you can't quite think of the reasons behind.

(Actually my dad knows the reason, he says it is because she is too angular...)

No comments: