Friday, February 20, 2004

I can't read any more of Olivia's blog today, I am full up. She makes me laugh and makes me confused that I can't write even nearly as intelligently even though I am older and am even at university.
Blogs are odd. You seive through the terrible ones full of the same old writing and then sometimes, you find a really witty one and it's a gasp when you've been under water too long.
I suppose that the terrible ones are somewhat diverting to the friends of the author (watch as I try to justify my taking up space on the internet) and that is the main thing.
But the good ones are something else. It makes me feel a bit strange, a bit like I'm looking into someone else's window and watching them make their lives. It's like Big Brother, but with more intelligently formed sentences and less cider.
Today, at work, I wasn't told to do anything until half past one so I just sat and read for four hours. Papers, eastenders and blogs. I'm trying to find another one that I get lost in, but I know that that probably isn't the best idea, socially.
In reality, actually, the time spent reading was probably slightly less because I have to factor in the time spent staring out the window. I have been staring a lot today. Sometimes I feel like my eyelids are folding back into my head. The weather's turned smelly and I get stuck watching the cars go past.
I just got stuck again. Did you notice?

No comments: